20110425

WHORE PROM DIGEST 4/23

Slow slow weekend or whore prom...but its okay cuz my taste remained impeccable.  Observe

song // band // album (year)

U R My Girl // Kiss in Cities // U R My Girl/Satellites 7 in. (2009)
 If you missed this when it was released a couple years ago you are really missing out, but you are also not alone.  This Manchester-based duo puts out sing-a-long pop with some awesome/awkward lyrics that all sounds like it could have been made sometime in the late 80's.  Unfortunately, they seem to be concentrating on their other band, Performance, which is too bad... Kiss in Cities is far superior.  This is their only release so far, but you can check out some more music on their myspace, or find some vids on youtube.


Rico Mambo // The Breakfast Club // Rico Mambo single (1984)
Sorzzz about the quality on the audio on this one but it was the best I could find.  I wanted this version cuz it's the version I spin and it's way way better than the version that's on this band's 1987 debut full length.  It's pop.  It's catchy.  Apparently, Madonna was in this band at some point or some other nonsense I don't care about

Happy House (single edit) // The Juan Maclean // Happy House single, The Future Will Come (2009)
So you're gonna have to move over to youtube to watch this one, but I suggest you do so...radical dance moves, you know?!  So I like paying several tracks off this record... The Juan Maclean have this way of moving from sounding like the Human League to out dance punk/funk-ing !!! and making it all sound totally natural.

Little Life // Swingset Committee // In Transit ep (2009)
2k9 was a good year for synth pop, apparently... This is the first track off a really awesome ep by my favorite local band, Swingset Committee...  I try to play at least one of their songs every night cuz really people should know about their awesome by now.

The Generators // To My Boy // The Habitable Zone (2010)
--warning!  there was not video or an audio clip that I could find for The Generators...so here's another song by To My Boy--

K...so no song link for the song I actually played, but here's the vid for one of the singles off their debut album.  I play this one too sometimes.  I love this band best when they get a little pop punk (which is what is going on in X-Ray or especially (as is the case with The Generators) when they sound like OMD.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment